Support Environmental Champions
The ELM Action Fund Political Action Committee helps to elect environmental champions, educates voters about candidate positions on environmental issues, and works to build the political power of the environmental community. We invest financial and technical resources in campaigns while putting “boots on the ground” in targeted districts around the Commonwealth. Funds from the ELM Action Fund PAC pay for online digital advertising, mailings, and phone banks to target environmental voters and dramatically increase their election day turnout. They also allow us to make campaign contributions to environmental champions. You can learn more about the candidates we endorse to date by visiting our campaigns page.
Make a Donation Today
Please note that per Massachusetts state campaign finance rules:
- Contributions to the ELM Action Fund PAC are limited to $500 per calendar year and must be from individuals.
- Registered lobbyists can only contribute $200 per calendar year.
- All donors to the ELM Action Fund PAC are listed on the PAC’s state campaign finance donation report.
- Contributions can only be made by a citizen of the United States or a permanent resident alien (green card holder) who is at least 18 years of age.
- Contributions can only be made from personal funds, and cannot be made from the funds of a corporation, labor organization, partnership, LLC, out-of-state PAC, or another person or entity.
- Contributions to the ELM Action Fund PAC are NOT deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.
For more information, please contact the ELM Action Fund PAC at 617-742-0474 or contact the Massachusetts Office of Campaign and Political Finance at (617) 979-8300
Checks should be made payable to the ELM Action Fund PAC and mailed to 15 Court Square, Ste. 1000, Boston MA 02108. Donate securely online:
The ELM Action Fund has also established the ELM Action Fund Independent Expenditure Political Action Committee (IEPAC).
What’s the difference between the PAC and the IEPAC? There are several, but one is particularly important from the standpoint of donations. Donors to the ELM Action Fund PAC can only give up to $500 per year, and the PAC can donate or spend up to $500 on a candidate per year. In contrast, donations to the ELM Action Fund IEPAC can be in any amount, and the IEPAC can spend unlimited amounts on a candidate. If you are considering a donation and you are not sure which committee to donate to, we have a suggestion. If your donation will exceed $500, consider donating to the IEPAC. If your donation will not exceed $500, consider donating to the PAC.
For more information on the IE PAC, click here: