ELM Action Fund 2018 Campaign and Advocacy Fellows
The ELM Action Fund is looking for students and recent graduates to be part of our Summer/Fall Campaign and Advocacy Fellows program. Fellows help elect environmental champions, advance our policy agenda and build the power of the environmental community in Massachusetts. The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) Action Fund is a 501c4 organization and the state affiliate of the League of Conservation Voters.
- Support ELM Action Fund’s advocacy and legislative work
- Play a key role in helping to elect environmental champions to state and local office, through research, door knocking, phone calling and data capturing/entry.
- Mobilize environmental activists to participate in our campaign activities and advocacy work
- Assist with the ELM Action Fund’s endorsement process for state and local candidates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing to engage diverse constituencies around our issues and campaigns
- Strong social media and online engagement skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- Commitment to environmental advocacy
- Willingness to learn and work cooperatively with staff and other fellows
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience working on, volunteering for or running a political campaign or an issues advocacy campaign
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder or other database systems
- Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts
DATES & COMPENSATION
We are accepting fellows who are willing to work through November 15th. Fellows are eligible for a stipend and reimbursement will be provided for travel expenses.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicate you are applying for the Campaign and Advocacy Fellows Program in the subject line and what date range you would be available.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.