We are supporting Maura Healey in her candidacy to become the next Attorney General of Massachusetts. The Attorney General plays an important role in safeguarding our environment and standing up for the rights of the people of Massachusetts.
For seven years, Maura helped lead the Attorney General’s Office.
As Chief of the Public Protection & Advocacy Bureau, which encompasses the Environmental Protection Division of the Attorney General’s Office, she oversaw and advocated for Massachusetts’ continued involvement in litigation to build upon Mass. v. EPA, a landmark case mandating the EPA to regulate greenhouse gases.
Why We're with Maura
We are supporting Maura because she...
- Is committed to responding aggressively to global warming.
- Understands the need to reduce carbon dioxide pollution through innovation.
- Knows the importance of diversifying our energy strategy so we are not overly dependent on one source, such as natural gas. It is essential that we ramp up our renewable energy.
- Will promote energy efficiency, which we know to be an effective way to reduce emissions, reduce energy bills, and create jobs.
- Understands that natural gas leaks pose a major environmental, public health, and financial issue, and is going to take the issue seriously.
- Believes that ratepayer advocacy should focus not just on costs but also on issues such as energy security, reliability, mitigating climate impacts, environmental protection, and developing a flexible, modern, resilient and consumer-focused grid.
- Will take on polluters who threaten public health and our environment.