Campaign & Volunteer Organizer
We are seeking a Campaign and Volunteer Organizer to help us continue to build grassroots power to protect our state's environment through advocacy and elections.
- Play a key role in helping to elect environmental champions to state and local office
- Train and mobilize environmental activists to participate in our campaign activities and advocacy work
- Assist with the ELM Action Fund's endorsement process for state and local candidates
- Manage ELM Action Fund's database entry and organization in VAN and Salesforce
- Assist with campaign event planning and implementation
- Handle correspondence with candidates, staff, and campaign volunteers
- Support ELM Action Fund's advocacy and legislative work
- Three to five years experience working as a community/issue organizer or other related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong social media and online engagement skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends
- Commitment to environmental advocacy
- Multi-lingual (ideally, Spanish) or other languages a plus
- Experience working in low-income communities and communities of color
- Experience working on, volunteering for or running a political campaign
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder
Duration: This is a full time position based in downtown Boston.
Salary and benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. This position includes health insurance and paid time off.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is August 23, 2017. Learn more about the ELM Action Fund at www.elmaction.org.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.