Fall 2017 Political Campaign Fellows Intern Program
The ELM Action Fund is looking for interns to be part of our 2017 Campaign Fellows program who will help elect environmental champions and to build the power of the environmental community in Massachusetts. The Environmental League of Massachusetts (ELM) Action Fund is a 501c4 organization that works to elect new environmental champions to the state legislature, defend our incumbent legislative champions, hold legislators accountable, and build the political power of the environmental movement in Massachusetts. We are the state affiliate of the League of Conservation Voters.
● Play a key role in helping to elect environmental champions to state and local office
● Mobilize environmental activists to participate in our campaign activities and advocacy work
● Assist with the ELM Action Fund's endorsement process for state and local candidates
● Support ELM Action Fund's advocacy and legislative work
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong social media and online engagement skills
● Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
● Ability to travel throughout Massachusetts a plus
● Flexibility to work nights and weekends
● Commitment to environmental advocacy
Preferred but not required:
● Experience working on, volunteering for or running a political campaign
● Experience with VAN/Votebuilder
Duration: September 25th through December 7th
Stipend: Interns who complete the program will be eligible for a small stipend. Reimbursement will also be provided for travel expenses.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is September 20th. Please indicate you are applying for the 2017 Campaign Fellows Program in the subject line.
ELM is an equal-opportunity employer and we strongly encourage applications from all interested candidates. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, creed, religion, personal appearance, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, or sexual orientation.